(Photo: J.C. Williamson)
From the “Half Moon Bay Review,” 1945
“Principal loss was counted by F.G. Williamson, successor to his father, J.C. Williamson, as operator of the general store. He counted the loss to the building insured at $10,500 and to the stock, not insured, at $17,500.
“Some $2000 damage was done to the Pescadero branch of the Bank of America separated from the Williamson store on the south side by an alley.
“In 1927 fire leveled virtually the entire business district, including the famous old Williamson store, razed Sunday.
“Sunday’s fire was discovered by Mrs. Gwendolyn Meyers, wife of Deputy Fire Warden Albert L. Meyer in charge of the Pescadero Fire Station. Her husband had just returned from a small grass blaze at the Pescadero cemetery when she noticed smoke rising from the rear of the Williamson, a half block north of the station….”