From the archives of the San Mateo County History Museum [filed under Margaret Kyne] located in the Redwood City Courthouse.
“The location of the first schoolhouse was at Princeton where the Cosmopolitan building now stands, directly across from the John Patroni House. It was a two-room structure. The district ran from Pedro Point to Miramar. The teachers were Miss Kate McCarthy, principal, who was a sister-in-law of Mr. George Hall and Miss Rose Meehan, who for many yrs was vice prin of the grammar school at San Mateo near where the Junior College is now located, under George Hall. The school was moved in 1887 to Moss Beach, after a lengthy controversy over attendance and it was finally settled when [John] Kyne moved his family of seven children to Moss Beach. There was only one teacher, Mr. William Savage, who later became one of San Mateo Co’s proominent educators. After Mr. Savage, Rose Meehan returned to teach for a period of seven years. The school was located on the corner of Highway 1 and Etheldore Street, which is now the residence of Gregorio Rossi. In 1890 a new one-room schoolw as built in Sunshine Valley, which is now the home of Anthony Torre, and continued to be until 1910 when the present school was built. In those days attendeance was just as great as it is now with 45 to 50 in attendance….”